Workplace meetings help the management and the employees to communicate, share information, resolve disputes or problems, enhance performance, move projects forward, and build teamwork.
Sometimes, an organization needs to work with external groups and your office meeting room is incapable to accommodate everyone participating. Or you may feel that it is time to hold a conference with your employees in a venue surrounded by nature. Change of environment can help to increase the creativity and productivity in your team members.
For example, Chateau Bromont situated in a rural environment offers condos or location d’une salle [room rental] as well as several meeting spaces. It is a great option, where your entire staff can gather and enjoy a meeting offering a panoramic view of the green mountains and extensive lawn.
Unfortunately, errors occur while choosing a meeting venue that gets identified when you are unable to do anything. Below are some common meeting venue errors you need to avoid.
Failed to check –
- Space availability before date finalizing – It is a costly mistake of finalizing a conference date before checking the venue availability on that specific date.
- Space size – It is essential to choose the right room size that can accommodate all the attendees. Large space gives the sensation of a cold environment, whereas a small room can make attendees feel stifled. All the attendees need to feel comfortable to be productive, during the discussions.
- Price associated facilities – Few hotels price high but the facilities provided are not in proportionate to the charged rates.
- Privacy and security: – There is a need for sufficient privacy and security, while a meeting a held. No one desires their business secrets from getting overheard.
- Office equipment – To run a meeting successfully, you will need printers, Whiteboard, Wi-Fi, computers, conference calls, office chairs, and office supplies like pens and pencils. Ensure that these items are mentioned in the rental agreement otherwise, you will need to pay extra for hiring these.
- Location convenience – Choosing an inaccessible location is impractical even if the venue is cheap because getting there is hard. Spend some more on prime location, which is accessible via public transit or car rather than inconveniencing the attendees.
- Lease terms & services – Some rental companies may pressurize you to sign a membership, which you clearly know is not any use to your business. It is not smart to enter a long-term agreement when you are well-aware that you need a rental meeting space for a week or a day. Therefore, read the terms before signing the contract. Never feel obligated to approve unnecessary extras.