Your safety is in your hands is a quite popular saying. However, it stands so much true in the case of everything. The term PPE is no longer unknown to anybody. Thanks to the novel coronavirus. To avoid any confusion, let’s have a basic understanding of the term personal protective equipment.
Basics of PPE-
This section shall include the definition, types, and purposes of having PPE.
- As the name suggests, it is not one particular thing, but everything used to protect oneself. Earlier it was to prevent occupational hazards, but it is to avoid getting in contact to the virus in current times.
- What falls into this category? Let’s name a few. Gloves, masks, helmets, safety jackets, face shield, eye protection wears, aprons, PPE suits, safety shoes, respiratory protection, etc.
How to check the quality-
People do not know the quality checks that the PPE needs to undergo. Go through the points below and get enlightened.
- The eye protection should not give a blurry vision.
- The quality of the suit needs to be thick and breathable at the same time.
- Everything should protect you from hazardous chemicals.
- The helmets should have good quality clips.
So, that was a quick guide as to what you should check before buying personal protective equipment. Safety first, so even if you have to purchase good quality equipment at a higher price, you should go for it.